There are 3 certification Tiers in the APWASI Certification Program.
Tier 3 – APWASI CERTIFIED WINE SPECIALIST/CERTIFIED SPIRIT SPECIALIST/
CERTIFIED LUXURY SPECIALIST
- Any student taking any singular course and passing the final examination is entitled to the post nominal designation for that course.
- Example, A student undertakes the Spain Course and passes the final examination they have earned the Certified Wine Specialist – Spain designation.
- Example, A student undertakes the Tequila Course and passes the final examination they have earned the Certified Spirit Specialist – Tequila designation.
- Example, A student undertakes the Truffles Course and passes the final examination they have earned the Certified Luxury Specialist – Truffles designation.
Tier 2 – APWASI CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL
- These are based on the student passing a grouping of courses successfully to be awarded the post nominal APWASI Certified Professional.
- Example, If the student passes all the Old-World Wine Courses which include France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Germany then they qualify to write the essay component for this Tier 2 level. This Tier 2 level requires the student to submit an essay to the Examiners. The student will be given two choices as an examination topic and then must select one. The essay is a minimum of 3000 to 5000 words maximum within the permitted time allotted. Once the course component is fulfilled and the examination component the student will be entitled to use the post -nominal designation APWASI Certified OLD-WORLD WINE Professional as per our example above.
Tier 1 – APWASI CERTIFIED GLOBAL WINE AND SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL
- The student must fulfill all the course requirements which are:
- APWASI Certified Old-World Wine Professional
- APWASI Certified New-World Wine Professional
- APWASI Certified Fortified Wine Professional
- APWASI Certified Spirits Professional
- APWASI Certified Sparkling Wine Specialist.
- In addition, they must complete an essay submission and pass this component.
- The student will be given a choice of 3 essays and must select one as their topic. The minimum number of words is 8 000 words and maximum 10 000 words with the permitted time period allotted.
- Once the courses and essay are successfully completed the student be granted the post nominal APWASI Certified Global Wine and Spirit Professional. (ACGWSP)