There are 3 levels of the APWASI Certification. APWASI is a globally recognized online wine and spirit education provider. Follow the APWASI online wine course journey, starting from Tier 3 Certifications, to take the next step in your career.
3 Levels of Certification at APWASI
APWASI Certifications Tier 3 – APWASI CERTIFIED WINE SPECIALIST/CERTIFIED SPIRIT SPECIALIST/CERTIFIED LUXURY SPECIALIST
If you take any ONE course and pass the final examination, you are entitled to the post nominal designation for that course.
- Example, You undertake the Spain Course and pass the final examination, you earn the Certified Wine Specialist – Spain designation.
- Example, You undertake the Tequila Course and pass the final examination, you earn the Certified Spirit Specialist – Tequila designation.
- Example, You undertake the Truffles Course and pass the final examination, you earn the Certified Luxury Specialist – Truffles designation.
APWASI Certifications Tier 2 – APWASI CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL
- If you pass a grouping of courses successfully, you will attain the post nominal APWASI Certified Professional.
- Example, If you pass all the Old-World Wine Courses which include France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Germany, then you qualify to write the essay component for this Tier 2 level.
- This Tier 2 level requires you to submit an essay to the Examiners. You will be given two choices as an examination topic and then you must select one. The essay is a minimum of 3000 to 5000 words maximum within the permitted time allotted.
- Once you fulfill the course component and examination component, you will attain the post-nominal designation APWASI Certified OLD-WORLD WINE Professional as per our example above.
APWASI Certifications Tier 1 – APWASI CERTIFIED GLOBAL WINE AND SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL
You must fulfill all the course requirements which are:
- APWASI Certified Old-World Wine Professional
- APWASI Certified New-World Wine Professional
- APWASI Certified Fortified Wine Professional
- APWASI Certified Spirits Professional
- APWASI Certified Sparkling Wine Specialist
In addition, you must complete an essay submission and pass this component.
You will be given a choice of 3 essays and must select one as your topic. The essay is to be complete in the permitted time period allotted, with the minimum number of words 8,000 words and maximum 10,000 words.
Once you successfully complete the courses and essay, you will attain the post nominal APWASI Certified Global Wine and Spirit Professional. (ACGWSP)
About Our Certifications
What do I learn?
APWASI has developed these courses based on the 5 C’s approach:
At APWASI we firmly believe we are living in an age of undefinable change on a scale and pace never seen before. But certain fundamentals like the 5 C’s prevail.
“Culture begets deeper understanding and clearly understood communication promotes goodwill and bonding which endorses credibility to the individual and expands that individual’s personal capacity which in itself then translates into a successful live-long career.”
This is our philosophy towards education, people and the globe at large and we share with you our mantra “Learning for the future.”.
These courses were created by the Asia Pacific Wine and Spirit Institute. Attaining knowledge is not only of deep value, but is also immeasurably pleasing to the participant. The recognition of such accomplished achievements are important for the purpose of self actualization and allowing colleagues and other industry professionals to recognize you as one. It vital that when others engage you, they know you have attained a level of proficiency in that specific field. You can attain APWASI Certified Wine Professional (Apwasi CWP) with specific speciality of your choice.